A. GO WITH A BUDDY – DO NOT KITE ALONE.
B. KNOW THE TIDE AND WIND FORECAST.
C. ENSURE THAT ALL EQUIPMENT IS IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION,
ENSURE THE QUICK RELEASE CAN BEDEPLOYED QUICKLY AND SAFELY.
D. EVALUATE THE WIND CONDITION ON-SITE AND SETUP ACCORDINGLY.
E. CONSTANTLY EVALUATE THE WEATHER CONDITION,
LOOKING OUT FOR STORM BUILDUP ETC.
F. IN CASE OF UNCERTAINTY, ABORT SESSION AND SIT
IT OUT TILL SAFE TO GO OUT.
G. DURING LAUNCHING / LANDING, DEPOWER KITE AND
POINT KITE OUT TO SEA AT 45 DEGREE ANGLE.
H. EJECT THE KITE IF GUST IS TOO STRONG TO HOLD.
All Kitesurfing activities at this beach is subject to the following
rules and regulations:
1. All kitesurfing must be a registered member of Kitesurfing
Association of Singapore.
2. Kitesurfing can only be conducted at the demarcated area
(refer to the shaded area on the map). Any deviation from this
designated area will be construed as an infringement of CAAS
regulations and are subject to a fine of up to $20,000.00.
3. A safety officer must be on shore and contactable for the duration
of the kitesurfing sessions.
4. Any kitesurfer who want to conduct kitesurfing activity at this
beach must inform KAS through KAS Facebook group by leaving
their names and contact numbers.
5. Under the CAAS requirements for use of the area for kitesurfing,
no kitesurfing lesson should be conducted and no beginners are
allowed on site.
6. Should any of the conditions be breached, a notice will be issued
to the kitesurfer and particulars given to CAAS for further action.
Any subsequent infringement may result in expulsion from KAS or
a fine of up to $20,000.00 by CAAS.